Our History

Redeemer Lutheran School began serving children in 1983, when it opened its doors to preschool children. Classes were held in the Fellowship Hall of the church, and grew from one class to three classes over the next 10 year period. In 1993, a Kindergarten was added, and in 1996 the congregation voted to begin an elementary school adding 1st and 2nd grade. We began a capital campaign, “God’s Plans, Our Hands” to build an education wing. The education wing was ready for occupancy in 1999, and we moved into our new facility over Thanksgiving weekend. Our classes continued to grow and we were eventually serving PreK - 6 graders in 5 classrooms. In 2004, a middle school was added and we graduated our first 8th grade class in 2007. By 2010, it was clear that we were outgrowing our current facility. As we were contemplating our options, one of our members, a realtor, learned of a vacant public elementary school, and at the congregation’s request, made an inquiry.

With the help of an "angel" donor, the former Shenandoah Elementary School was purchased in May of 2011. Volunteers worked throughout the summer to prepare the building for classes in the fall of 2011. As a result, we now have two beautiful campuses. Our toddler, preschool, and PreK Counts classes meet in the education wing of Redeemer Lutheran Church at 1261 Pennsylvania Avenue in Oakmont. Our kindergarten through high school classes meet in Verona at 700 Idaho Avenue.

Our school growth has been designed by the Lord every step of the way. He has opened numerous doors for us, and has faithfully provided for our needs. We have outstanding support from congregations, teachers, parents, and friends who share their time, talents and treasures to ensure children can learn in a safe, loving environment, with a curriculum centered in Christ. It has been, and continues to be, an amazing adventure.